Captain’s Log: City to GrittyThat’s a wrap!!!
Just finished my TEDxBreck audition!!! I feel I absolutely hit it out of the park!
Did my absolute best to share not only our off-grid journey, but also how off-grid is the next modern luxury.
During my 3 min audition, I decided to change my shoes. When I said I “traded my city life”, I took off my heels. And continued to say “for my off-grid life”, I swapped to my mud boots. The image seemed to be powerful—the panel of judges all laughed and clapped—I wasn’t expecting that! But you can tell a whole lot about someone based on their shoes!
I’ll know soon if I will I have the opportunity to expand my message to a full 10-18 min talk on the official TEDx stage soon. But until then, enjoying this beautiful weather in Breckenridge!!
- Alicia K HardimonThis is a wonderful moment in time for you if nothing else but I think you’ll get it!
- Rachel McCash CroninAlicia K Hardimon yes I’m feeling all the positive vibes!!! 130 applied, 23 were accepted to audition and out of those 23, 10 will be selected. Such an honor to be chosen—I did my best—we’ll see!!
- Alicia K HardimonRachel McCash Cronin yes a large accomplishment in its own! And then you can really tell people and thank you for coming to my Ted talk LOL
- ActiveAlicia BroussardLove it!
- Brad LeathamI’m sure you will get it. You are a very inspirational woman.
- Loni GeeI think you have a seriously good chance of getting it. Pretty much 100% chance if you ask me.
- Rachel McCash CroninLoni Gee aww thank you!! They said they definitely wanted to “hear more” so I hope that means good news. But no matter what, I’m so happy and grateful to have had the opportunity to share my big idea and off-grid journey with TEDx community today. Feeling excited and hopeful, so we will see!
- LaMorla SmithSo excited for you!
- Autumn HayleyI can’t wait to watch you on TedX! I already know you’re gonna get it!
- Nicole RogersYou worked so hard! You are a “shoe” in speaking of shoes, that was cleaver to change them while you talked.
- Rachel McCash CroninNicole Rogers yessss lol thank you!! The swapping of shoes was something I thought of last minute. I tried it out for my toastmasters (public speaking club) group and it seemed like it did well, so I did it again for the panel! One, I was more comfy haha, and 2, wanted to be more memorable with the other applicants. We’ll see how it goes!
- Robert ParkerAs always, proud of you!!
- Diana Grover LarsenSo cute! I love what you did with the shoes! I bet it won you the chance to do the full Ted Talk!
- Stephanie VictoriaThis is amazing, way to go beautiful friend!!
- Tom SmokoffBest of luck… I have a feeling I’ll be seeing you on the Telly
- Kerry MosleyThis is awesome!!!
- Rachel McCash CroninKerry Mosley yasss been working for years to be honest. Auditioned for TEDxMilehigh 2-3 years ago—didn’t advance. Now trying again!! I feel really good about this round! But no matter what, I did my best and am content no matter what happens!
- Pam MyersBeautiful!
- Dona VroubelBeautiful
- Joelle LaneCelebrating you !!! Your one step closer lady!!!
- Rachel McCash CroninJoelle Lane thank you so much!! Again, so grateful for you and being able to speak on your podcast!!
- Joelle LaneRachel McCash Cronin yes! I’m grateful for you too!! When it’s done we’ll have to have another episode to get updates!
- Roxy ArtsySuper cool
- Kat DavidsonSo proud of you friend
- Bonnie BarlowAbsolutely awesome
- Diana BrayOf COURSE you will be chosen! You are a dynamic story teller and keep so many of us engaged and thinking about our own lives! You definitely continue to inspire! Wishing you luck!!
- Theresa Mae WoodCool! Congratulations!
- Michal MarieBeautiful
- Danni MarieLove it!
- D Ana E ParavicciniHow cool!
- Dawn Strate
- Janine GrantHow wonderful! Wishing you all the best!
- Ila SonMagical!!!
- Corinne VelaPause GIFTenor
- Leah AnduizaWow that’s amazing! Congrats! Keep us posted!
- Sahara Aloe VeraCongrats girl that’s sooo exciting!!