My whole life, I’ve been attracted to difficult projects. From moving 55+ times across 19 different states to acting, to modeling to network marketing to off grid living to developing raw mountain property, to launching multiple corporations for the outdoor minded…. difficult is my thing. I’m cool with challenges.
So naturally, when I wanted to pursue speaking, I made TED my goal. TED talks are the pinnacle of the absolute best in public speaking in the world. Those of you following me for a while know I was accepted and auditioned for TEDxMileHigh about 2-3 years ago. I did not advance at that time, but learned SO MUCH.
This month, I learned my application was accepted again to audition. Out of hundreds of applicants, they picked 20!! I am one of 20 to advance! This time with TEDxBreck.
I’m SO EXCITED!!!
This time, I joined Toastmasters and have been actively giving speeches, evaluating speeches and learning about public speaking every week for months.This time, I have a coach who has been guiding me and helping me specifically with TED speaking. (Thank you Sandra Baker Lamb!!! Eeekkk we did it!!!)
This time, I am prepared, confident and so excited to be expanding my off-grid platform to the TEDx audition stage! Regardless of what happens in a few weeks, I’m so grateful and excited so many are inspired and interested in our off-grid life. I’m so honored TEDxBreck is among them too!!!
If you had only 3 min to learn about life off the grid, what would you want to hear?
Let’s do this!!!!
- Nicole RogersAmazing!!!
- Diana Grover LarsenVery exciting! Keep us posted!
- Diana Grover LarsenAnd what is like to hear is simplifying to live in a smaller space without giving up everything
- Jenny EvansSending you all the love and luck!
- Jessika WallaceCan’t wait to listen!!
- Alicia K HardimonOmg how exciting!
- Cameron RosaAwesome! Congratulations
- Sandra Baker LambIt’s been so much fun working with you and hearing you share you story of Expand-ing
- Melissa McCashCongratulations!! You’re the bestYou’re not just reaching for the moon… You jumped on a shooting and are riding it into the universe. It’s your time to shine! You deserve it!
- Marie KeeneAwesome Congratulations!!
- Kat Davidsonfeels like just yesterday we were at TedXColoradoSprings!!
- Kimberly Cronin AvalleThat is so awesome! You got this! I am excited for you!
- Marissa BlackmanYASSSS
- Vickie BarlowGreat job!